HSN designers channel their inner DC Super Hero to create inspired jewelry and apparel collections in advance of the film's June 2 release from Warner Bros. Pictures;
Lisa Sun, nuyu and Umaimah Mendhro introduce exclusive collections for the collaboration
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., May 31, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer HSN is initiating its first-ever marketing collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures, Tencent Pictures and Wanda Pictures, along with DC Entertainment (DCE), to celebrate the June 2 release of Wonder Woman. Starring Gal Gadot as the Amazon warrior, the film marks Wonder Woman's first-ever standalone motion picture in the global icon's 75-year history. HSN is working with designers to bring the film to life through an inspiring collection, which will launch on HSN on June 1 at 9 p.m. ET, during The List with Colleen Lopez, just as the epic action adventure hits theaters.
"We are thrilled to be launching a partnership with Warner Bros. for the release of the highly anticipated action adventure feature film Wonder Woman," said Carmen Bauza, Chief Merchandising Officer, HSN. "Our Wonder Woman collaboration captures the spirit of empowerment that we are passionate about fostering, and we were excited to work with each of the participating designers to engage their inner DC Super Hero in creating these collections."
Drawing inspiration from the geometric shapes and metallic tones in Wonder Woman's iconic costume, HSN collaborated with designers to create pieces with subtle yet thoughtful nods to the DC Super Hero's signature armor, sword and shield throughout the assortment. The collections reflect each designer's own experience of what it means to be a fashion Super Hero, integrating personal aesthetics into each piece to create a collection that ranges in price from $34-$250. The assortment will include:
- A ‘Save the Day' Cape Blazer from Project Gravitas by Lisa Sun that features quilted panels inspired by the armor Wonder Woman wears, available in deep red, white and black, in addition to an extensive line of work-leisure wear from Project Gravitas;
- Specially designed apparel pieces featuring rich red tones, denim, Aztec prints and gold patterns, designed by a community of global artists as part of VIDA, the international e-commerce platform that supports independent artists, founded by Umaimah Mendhro;
- A Wonder Woman-inspired backpack, stitched with the iconic pattern, along with a Thunderbolt Wristlet by fashion industry pioneer and icon Betsey Johnson;
- A Benefit Cosmetics Wonder Woman Bag and assortment featuring empowering text to inspire the everyday Super Hero as they start their day, created by sisters Maggie and Annie Danielson;
- A special capsule collection from the high-end athleisure wear brand nuyu, featuring apparel pieces with gold gladiator and Wonder Woman-inspired prints that subtly reflect the Amazon Warrior's armor in the film;
- An intricate shield designed necklace that can be worn forwards or backwards from renowned jewelry designer RJ Graziano, whose collection also features statement cuffs and necklaces; and
- A fine jewelry collection from HSN's very own Colleen Lopez, who drew inspiration from her personal collection to create an assortment of bracelets, necklaces and rings, incorporating ruby and sapphire.
"We're excited to collaborate with HSN and all the designers to bring these feature film-inspired collections to HSN's devoted customers and fans around the world, offering them many unique designs that tell the aesthetics of Wonder Woman's DNA," said Soo Koo, Chief Creative Officer for Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
HSN will be launching an interactive Wonder Woman digital storefront on HSN.com this week. This marks HSN's first-ever partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products as part of a strategic alliance to introduce dynamic new collections that inspire fans.
About Wonder Woman:
From director Patty Jenkins, the epic action adventure Wonder Woman stars Gal Gadot in the title role, along with Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Connie Nielsen and Elena Anaya.
The film features a screenplay by Allan Heinberg, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg and Jason Fuchs, based on characters from DC Entertainment. Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston. Charles Roven, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Richard Suckle are the producers, with Stephen Jones, Geoff Johns, Wesley Coller, Jon Berg and Rebecca Steel Roven serving as executive producers.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Tencent Pictures and Wanda Pictures, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, Wonder Woman. The film is scheduled for release worldwide beginning June 2, 2017, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
WONDER WOMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s17)
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
HSN is a leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts live to approximately 90 million households in the US 24/7 and its website - hsn.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI). For more information, please visit www.HSN.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
Media Contact: Meliz Andiroglu HSN Meliz.Andiroglu@hsn.net 727.872.4580